Legislative Analysis and Tracking
- Analyze all legislative and regulatory actions to determine client’s interest.
- Assist with identification of bills of interest to the client for tracking reports.
- Monitor all legislative, regulatory and executive activities to track any actions with respect to the legislative priorities.
- Prepare and disseminate tracking reports of identified bills to client on a biweekly or monthly basis.
Drafting and Researching of Legislation, Regulations and Policies
- Provide research for legislative and regulatory filings and amendments relative to language and cite.
- Assist with drafting legislative and regulatory initiatives and amendments filed on behalf of, or in defense of, the client.
- Develop a long-term legislative and regulatory strategic plan in support of the client’s goals.
- Advise the client on legislative and regulatory strategic options for all matters of interest.
- Prepare an estimated timeline for completion of legislative and regulatory goals as outlined in the strategic plan.
- Identify appropriate coalition entities in support of the legislative and regulatory objectives.
- Present to coalition partners for the purpose of securing endorsement of the client’s legislative or regulatory efforts.
- Assist with coordination of coalition support to appropriate elected or regulatory officials to advance the legislative or regulatory strategic plan.
State and Federal Meeting Facilitation with Elected and Regulatory Officials
- Schedule and attend, as requested, meetings between designated representative and legislators or regulators in both state and federal branches of government.
- Prepare collateral materials for presentation at meetings, including fact sheets, legislative or regulatory drops, and research or statistical materials.
Public Hearing Preparation and Coordination
- Prepare for and attend, as requested, all public hearings and legislative sessions of interest to the client.
- Coordinate the efforts of coalition members for participation in public hearings, including facilitation of testimonial materials.
- Assist with development of testimony and supporting documents, and prepare representatives for participation in public hearings.
- Disseminate hearing documents and position papers to the appropriate agencies, officials and press outlets, as needed.
Executive and Legislative Relationship Building
- Assist with developing relationships with key members of legislative and regulatory bodies.
- Assist in developing relationships with leaders in identified groups of coalition partners.
- Assist with raising awareness among elected and regulatory officials of industry standards adopted by client.